What is the Annual Fund?
BGMS Annual Fund – Like other non-profit schools, BGMS relies on tax-deductible donations to bridge the gap between tuition and the true cost of each child’s education. Tuition covers most operating expenses, but the Annual Fund does more. The Annual Fund provides the margin of excellence that makes our school unique – the extra advantages that have made our school a model in Montessori education locally, nationally, and even internationally. We work hard to keep our tuition levels as affordable as possible so we can continue to serve a diverse population of students, while allowing the opportunity for our families and other contributors to truly make a difference in the children’s lives.
- Tuition currently makes up approximately 90% of BGMS’ budget. This creates a gap of nearly $1,500 per student that is not met by tuition. Two major fundraising efforts – The Annual Fund and The Spring Soiree – along with fundraising by the BGMS Parent Organization (PO), allow us to bridge the gap.
BGMS Parent Organization – The purpose of the BGMS Parent Organization (PO) is to support BGMS parents through social activities, the family mentor program, and educational events. The PO also provides fundraising support with various projects, supports the guides and staff, and coordinates education/social programs with the Head of School. All BGMS parents are automatically members and are invited and encouraged to participate in PO meetings and events.
BGMS Board of Trustees – The BGMS Board of Trustees provides guidance in planning and coordinating all fundraising and development efforts. The Board is responsible for ensuring that all efforts are in accordance with the mission of BGMS and Montessori guidelines.
Annual Fund FAQ’s
- What is the goal for the 2012 Annual Fund? $88,000
- How much should my family contribute? The suggested amount per family is $550. We encourage you to give at the level that is comfortable for you and your family.
- What is a “pledge?” Pledging means that you are making the commitment to contribute a certain dollar amount to the Annual Fund. Your pledge can be paid in installments or in full prior to March 1, 2013.
- Why should I pledge? To help BGMS maintain the highest level of education for your child! A gift to the Annual Fund is a gift to the improved excellence of your child’s school.
- Is the Peace Garden brick pledge different from the Annual Fund pledge? No – they are the same. When you make a pledge in the amount of $500, $1000, or $1500 to the Annual Fund, our token of appreciation to you is the placement of a brick in the BGMS Peace Garden. Donations can also be made anonymously – with or without a brick.
- BGMS Bricks – If I pledge $1,000, may I have two smaller bricks rather than one large one? Of course! The amounts of $500, $1000, and $1500 are guidelines. Depending on the amount pledged, we can accommodate most requests for bricks.
- Where is the Peace Garden? The Peace Garden is located to the right of the Administration Building under the large oak trees.
- Why is there such a variety of fundraising activity at BGMS? To provide the level of excellence in education that our children deserve, we offer many options by which parents can contribute in ways that meet their family’s interests and needs. Some families want to show their support through the purchase of products, such as Fudgie Wudgie, for example, while others may want to support the school through financial contributions alone.
- What does the Parent Organization do with the funds it raises? A portion of the funds raised by the Parent Organization goes to help bridge the gap. The remaining funds are used for activities hosted by the Parent Organization.
- Whom can I contact if I have more questions about the Annual Fund or Parent Organization? For more information, please contact Marietta Klein, Chair of Board of Trustees’ Capital Funding and Development Committee: email@example.com